Updated on 3/31/2011
My reflection on the first failed attempt:
1. I didn’t configure Apache2 for Drupal. I think that’s the reason why I couldn’t download modules by Drush. There was no “Drupal” file under the /var/www/. Even though my drupal6 site http://dwangit566.dyndns.org/drupal6/ is accessible, it hasn’t been downloaded on my server!
2. The IP Address hosted on DDNS changed after I installed drupal6! I have already fixed this problem. Thanks to Jason (jbIT566) and Julie (clem0613) for giving me feedback about the unaccessibility of my drupal site.
This time I installed Drupal7 on my server. I followed the steps indicated in this article: How to install drupal 7 on ubuntu.
Then, I navigated to Apache’s host name and follow drupal 7 installer to complete drupal installation.
Here is the screen shot of my drupal7 site:
First try on 3/28/2011
1. Install Drupal by using Ubuntu Terminal window:
sudo apt-get install drupal6
After the installation, you will:
a. Choose mysql as database type
b. Set up administrative account password
c. Login Mysql application password for drupal6
2. Restart the web server
sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart
3. Configure database for drupal6
3.Configure your Drupal site
4. Check Drupal site in your web browser:
Here is mine: http://dwangit566.dyndns.org/drupal6/